Today we’d like to introduce you to Jenn Hill. Them and their team share their story with us below:
Jenn started her career in the fashion industry, working for over 13 years as a fashion stylist in runway and photography as well as visual merchandising for luxury retailers. Jenn always knew her true passion was skincare and in 2019, she decided to take her passion more seriously. She has been curating her own skincare since she was a child but more recently refined her skills through the studies of herbalism. After her studies, she was able to perfect each of her formulas, giving her confidence that she is providing her clients with the best products. With her experience in the fashion industry, she has created products that not only feel good but look beautiful as well, making her brand one of a kind.
Self-care is a daily, mindful ritual for Jenn and by creating ZENJENN she is able to share that with each of her clients. More recently, she has been using her ritual of self-care as a way to stay balanced and grounded through motherhood. She understands the importance of having time set aside to care for yourself as well as the importance of using natural and organic products. With the help of ZENJENN, you will be able to make your self-care routine simple, versatile and mindful too!
Would you say it’s been a smooth road, and if not, what are some of the biggest challenges you’ve faced along the way?
Is the road ever smooth for an entrepreneur? I was told once by a mentor, if you don’t like solving problems, you won’t like being an entrepreneur. It comes with the territory. Of course, I’ve had my challenges, but after becoming a mama, I started to roll with the punches and take things as they come! Motherhood will teach you that… real quick.
Great, so let’s talk business. Can you tell our readers more about what you do and what you think sets you apart from others?
ZENJENN is a conscious beauty and skincare brand focused on making self-care your daily ritual. It was founded on the principles of mindfulness, herbalism and respect for mother nature. Each product is multi-purpose, allowing you to be in control of your routine and know what your skin needs each and every day. Making your ritual not only about your skin, but your whole spirit. At ZENJENN we believe in an energetic exchange between mother nature and humans. What we take, we give back to her. The earth provides us so much healing through her plants, and we have a responsibility to respect and care for her in return. This is why we always source sustainably grown herbs, oils, clays and salts for our products.
Our products are always made vegan and cruelty-free. ZENJENN never uses any synthetic additives, preservatives, harsh chemicals or toxic fillers. We sell our products using minimal packaging and offer reusable glass containers so we are able to reduce the use of non-recyclable plastics that go out into the world. Making your skin-care routine one less thing you have to worry about.
Do you have any advice for those just starting out?
There are two pieces of advice I like to give budding entrepreneurs, especially if you plan to bootstrap your business.
1. Begin anywhere! Don’t let perfectionism hold you back from starting on your dream. With social media as a free marketing tool, it’s easier now more than ever to start a business without having to raise capital. If you have an idea for a business, just go for it. You will learn along the way. I’ve found that taking online courses on business building and creative marketing tools really helps. Plus, it’s a great way to network with other individuals on the same path! This brings me to #2
2. Surround yourself with other like-minded individuals and business owners. It can feel like a lonely road when you’re building your business. Find mentors and friends that are willing to encourage you, lift you up, and tell you the truth.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: https://www.zen-jenn.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/zenjennbeauty/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/zenjennbeauty
- Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtZAhvIc9JSWJ-_bB7XpJTQ
Luis Martinez Photography Keetch Miller Photography Emma Leigh Studios