Today we’d like to introduce you to Ayesha Patel.
Thanks for sharing your story with us Ayesha. So, let’s start at the beginning and we can move on from there.
Last year I graduated college with a degree in business marketing and no idea what I wanted to do. I was doing what a new graduate was supposed to be doing – interviewing for entry-level desk jobs and hoping to find something stable and relatively interesting.
A little after graduation, I created a cheese spread for a friend’s graduation party and I had never felt more lively than I did at that moment: cutting cheeses and creating a collage of food while people watched and were amazed at the process. Granted, I had no idea what I was doing compared to now and the cheese board was mediocre, to say the least. That was the moment I decided to start selling boards to friends and family as a side job.
Little did I know this was going to become what it is now. In the past year, I have hosted a cheeseboard workshop, created over 500 cheeseboards and multiple 10 feet grazing tables all across the DFW area. I am so excited to see what the future has in store for this business.
We’re always bombarded by how great it is to pursue your passion, etc – but we’ve spoken with enough people to know that it’s not always easy. Overall, would you say things have been easy for you?
To say starting this business was a smooth road with no struggles would be far from the truth. I started this business last year at the age of 21 fresh out of college with little experience in the real world, much less ANY experience running a business. I am constantly facing new struggles each day as the business grows.
In the beginning it was a lot of self-doubt and fear of failing. I have had to overcome obstacles every time I’m faced with something new. An example would be the first time I was asked to create a grazing table (a massive cheese board that is made on-site), I made seven at the same time within 2 hours. The struggle of the prep work, the fast-paced environment among other things was challenging to say the least. However. I finished it, got AMAZING feedback and have made 10-15 other even better grazing tables as a result! Another example is when I hosted my first workshop. This was a struggle for me because in school, public speaking was always my flaw. I was so nervous when I started the workshop but I ended up having an amazing time and public speaking came so much easier when it was talking about something I am knowledgeable and passionate about.
All of these first times are things that I have been fearful of in the beginning but have overcome and have made my business and I stronger for the future.
So, as you know, we’re impressed with YaYaYum Boards – tell our readers more, for example what you’re most proud of and what sets you apart from others.
We are a local business in Southlake, TX creating “edible art” – Whether it is a corporate gathering, wedding, birthday, celebration, or a social event we carry something for everyone. We believe food is important. It connects people. It closes gaps between us and it invites us along for the ride. Our goal is to bring people together through the celebration of delicious food.
We specialize in creating cheese boards that can serve two people all the way to 200+ people. We are known for our highly unique, colorful, Instagram-worthy, delicious spreads. As a company, I am most proud of the fact that we have sold over 500 boards just from organic sales. What sets us apart from others is how unique our product is. Not one board looks the same and that is what makes it so special.
So, what’s next? Any big plans?
We have a lot of exciting things happening in the future. We hope to expand and become the #1 spot for charcuterie boards in the DFW area. For now, only time will tell where we end up!
- Mini $45.00 Includes (but not limited to): 3 cheeses, jam, variety of cured meats, olives or cornichons, seasonal fruits + veggies and more.. Serving up to 4 people. All minis are served on 10” bamboo disposable plates. Assortment of crackers included.
- Small $110.00 Includes (but not limited to): 4 cheeses, jam, honey, variety of cured meats, olives and cornichons, seasonal fruits + veggies, and more.. Serving up to 10 people. All smalls are served on 10″ x 15” custom made wood trays. Assortment of crackers included.
- Medium $175.00 Includes (but not limited to): 5 cheeses, 2 jams, variety of cured meats, olives and cornichons, seasonal fruits + veggies, and more.. Serving up to 20 people. All minis are served on 14” x 20” custom made wooden trays. Assortment of crackers included.
- Large $250.00 Includes (but not limited to): 5 cheeses, 1 housemade dip, variety of cured meats 2 jams + 1 honey/honeycomb, olives and cornichons, seasonal fruits + veggies, more.. Serving up to 40 people. All larges are served on 18” x 26” custom made wood trays. Assortment of crackers included.
- Website: yayayumboards.com
- Email: email@example.com
- Instagram: @yayayumboards
- Facebook: @yayayumboards