Today we’d like to introduce you to Christina Jovanna Olivarez.
So, before we jump into specific questions about the business, why don’t you give us some details about you and your story.
I have a degree in Broadcast Journalism and was eager to become an entertainment reporter.
After graduating from college, I heard countless of “NOs” from television stations. Those “Nos” were telling me to go into a different field within the communications industry. I decided to focus on Public Relations and got a job as a Social Media Coordinator for a Public Relations Consultant. In June of 2015, after about a year working in that position, I decided to venture out into my own and launch my social media consulting business, The Social Butterfly Gal.
SBG helps to create hype for your event & brand by providing the strategies, tactics, comprehensive framework, and solutions you need to drive attendance and consistently attract high-performing engagement on social media platforms. Through my social media management services for event marketing, I helped Fiesta® San Antonio triple their social media engagement during the 2018 season implementing influencer marketing into their social media strategy plan.
I’ve also consulted and developed strategy for established brands such as SA LIVE, KSAT-12s top rated lifestyle program, LiftFund, Howl at the Moon and Yelp San Antonio among other local and regional brands. My expertise has landed me podcast appearances and speaking engagements at conferences, panels, and college campuses.
In 2018, I teamed up with my best friend of 20 years, Michelle Vallejo, to co-found a women’s conference called Hustle + Socialize. Hustle + Socialize a unique professional development conference that empowers entrepreneurial women through personal and professional skill-building.
The first H+S event took place in June of 2018 and brought together 120 women in San Antonio, Texas. With the success of H+S, signature events have launched as well as a Facebook community. Hustle + Socialize now a three-day event and takes place during the Summer in San Antonio.
Great, so let’s dig a little deeper into the story – has it been an easy path overall and if not, what were the challenges you’ve had to overcome?
Some of the struggles were, of course, starting from the ground up, figuring out how to scale and overcoming self-doubt.
The Social Butterfly Gal – what should we know? What do you guys do best? What sets you apart from the competition?
Three main areas set my business apart from the competition:
1. Personalized Experience: By working with SBG, you will have a social media expert that knows current social media/ digital trends working with your brand at all times. You will have a social media expert who can build you a strategy that not only drives engagement but speaks to the core of your target audience. You will have a social media expert that will conduct research tailored to your industry so you can have current strategies.
2. You will save time & save money: Companies will spend tons of money when hiring a full-time employee. Not to mention, a company is at risk of losing thousands of dollars if there is a high turn-over rate. By contracting a social media consultant, you will not only save money but also save time. Social Media Marketing involves copywriting, graphic design, photography, research, training, analyzing data and knowing your audience’s online habits. Imagine having to hire full-time employees to support all of those roles? By working with SBG, you get all of that in ONE! (…and maybe some that are part of her growing team!)
3. I will deliver the hype & deliver FOMO: You will have digital hype all through the stages of your event: pre, during and post that will help bring to life your event. In addition to management and strategy, you will have a team of micro-influencers who will bring FOMO to those lurking on your social media platforms. By working with SBG, you will have someone who will provide customer service by managing your online reputation by answering messages, inquiries, and reviews. You will also have day-of ‘on the ground’ social media coverage that will help bring brand awareness and help capture various levels of social media reporting so you can continue to grow your brand for the next event.
What quality or characteristic do you feel is most important to your success?
Never give up and continue to pivot and grow.
- Website: www.thesocialbutterflygal.net
- Email: email@example.com
- Instagram: @TheSocialButterflyGal
- Facebook: www.Facebook.com/TheSocialButterflyGal
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/ChristinaSBG
Sarah Naselli Photography