Today we’d like to introduce you to Dalton Tomlinson.
Dalton, please share your story with us. How did you get to where you are today?
In March of 1983, my best friend and I took over a painting contract from the company that we worked for after he retired.
After 2.5 years we split up and he bought me out. Supreme Painting was started the next day in October of 1985.
Supreme Painting started with new construction, first with tract homes, then moving to custom homes in 1989. In 1995, we started phasing out new construction to concentrate on repaint work. Since 2003 we have been strictly been a repainting company, doing about 90% residential and 10% commercial.
We’re always bombarded by how great it is to pursue your passion, etc – but we’ve spoken with enough people to know that it’s not always easy. Overall, would you say things have been easy for you?
No, it has not been smooth. In 1987, I went from 27 employees to 2 in one week. That is how fast things shut down during that recession. In 2009, we only worked about 150 days because of that recession. Since 2011 we have steady work.
Our biggest struggle is hiring painters, there is a shortage of qualified people affecting all the trades.
So, as you know, we’re impressed with Supreme Painting – tell our readers more, for example what you’re most proud of as a company and what sets you apart from others.
We paint residential homes, interior, exterior, scrape popcorn, remove wallpaper and cabinets.
We specialize in “Great Experiences”. We respect the customers time, home and family.
We do what we say we say we will do, show up on time and carefully mask everything.
We try to be the least invasive to the clients. Every day the client is sent a progress report letting them know what got done that day and what is expecting to get done the next day and if we are still on schedule.
We are known for a “No Hassle Paint Job”. We need the color, access to the project and a start date, after that our goal is for the client to not know we are there.
I am most proud of my team, they are the face of Supreme Painting and they represent it well. They are true craftsmen, all with high character.
Besides the team, a Great Experience and a No Hassle Paint Job, the 2 biggest things to set us apart is a 7-year warranty and included in that warranty is FREE Touch up Program. We want your paint to look good for the life of your warranty. Supreme Painting does up to an hour of touch-up once a year for our residential clients,
So, what’s next? Any big plans?
No big changes, just to grow the business.
- Average one story exterior of home ranges from $2000 TO $3000 depending on condition of the surfaces and how much siding.
- Average two story exterior of home ranges from $2500 TO $4500 depending on condition of the surfaces and how much siding.
- Average bedroom 12X12X8 is about $400 for walls and $175 for ceiling. Add 25% for 10 foot ceilings
- Average Living Room 18X18 is $600 for 8′ ceilings and up to $1500 for 18’ceilings
- Website: www.SupremePainting.com
- Phone: 817 457-9353
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/supremepainting/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SupremePainting/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/SupremePainting