Today we’d like to introduce you to Jill Allison Bryan.
Jill Allison, let’s start with your story. We’d love to hear how you got started and how the journey has been so far.
I’m Jill Allison Bryan … founder of Creative Oasis Coaching … certified master Kaizen-Muse Creativity Coach … Singer/Songwriter … Recovering Procrastinator and Perfectionist … Coffee Devotee … Picture Snapper… Live Music Aficionado … Veggie Lover… Meditation/Yoga Fan … Runner Girl … Sporadic World Traveler… Rabid Recycler… Believer in Infinite Possibilities … and Generally Happy Human!
I’m absolutely passionate about helping women give themselves permission to experience more joy and personal satisfaction by spending time with the creative projects, passions and pursuits that energize and delight them … or as I call it, their Creative Oasis!
In 2006 I started working with a creativity coach. Luckily, my coach, Jill Badonsky, was also the founder of Kaizen-Muse Creativity Coaching. After she helped me bring consistent creative joy back into my life through my music, Badonsky invited me to apply for her rigorous (yet, delightful) training program to become a certified KMCC coach myself.
Saying yes to that opportunity has been one of the best decisions of my life! I absolutely believe that the transformations, successes and joy I’ve experienced in my life due to creativity coaching make me uniquely suited to now share those methods with my clients as they embark on their own creative journeys.
Learning and practicing the powerful tools and techniques of this unique coaching method helped me to:
* Earn my Kaizen-Muse Creativity Coaching certification and later be chosen as one of the first Master level KMCC coaches
* Start my Creative Oasis Coaching business (which now in its 10th year)
* Write, record and release my solo CD, “Dancing In Limbo”
* Create and host “Infinite Possibility ~ A Night of Music, Art & Women Helping Women” ~ my CD release/benefit event which featured a concert, silent art auction with works by 13 female artists inspired by the 13 tracks on my CD plus a huge raffle ~ all of which raised more than $10,000 for Women for Women International
* Train for and run my first half-marathon and later my 5K per month personal challenge
* Embrace my own Creative Oasis by consistently weaving creative joy and satisfaction into my daily life
All of these rewarding life experiences and many more were made possible by using creative coaching methods that I continue to practice in my own life and share with my clients through Creative Oasis 1-1 coaching, classes, workshops and retreats.
My personal Creative Oasis includes a multitude of things such as making music, writing, reading, traveling, attending concerts, photography, cooking, yoga, exercise, hiking, entertaining, coloring, visual journaling and more.
Truthfully, I believe life is our canvas and gives us the ultimate opportunity to live joyfully and express ourselves creatively every day!
Great, so let’s dig a little deeper into the story – has it been an easy path overall and if not, what were the challenges you’ve had to overcome?
Of course, as with any business, there have been challenges along the way. Thankfully, I’m able to use my favorite coaching methods to help myself navigate past those!
For example, the very first time I was hired to plan and deliver an interactive creative workshop for a group of more than 60 managers at a Deloitte employee enrichment retreat, I honestly felt a bit overwhelmed.
I was able to diffuse those feelings by implementing Kaizen techniques. Kaizen is a Japanese term that means “small steps to continuous improvement” and I use it in a multitude of ways in my coaching practice.
By breaking the entire project down into super small steps (or as I like to say ~ delightfully doable steps) I was able to dissolve my overwhelm, keep moving forward and create a fun, engaging experience that had a room full of accountants and engineers playfully creating a “pop-up art/poetry happening” while diving into the creative process in unexpected ways. (I’m happy to say I was hired to deliver a half dozen more workshops for that team over the next two years.)
Alright – so let’s talk business. Tell us about Creative Oasis Coaching – what should we know?
As one of my clients says, I’m like a personal trainer for the creative spirit. I love helping people practice good self-care by saying yes to their creative projects, passions and pursuits!
Since founding Creative Oasis Coaching in 2008 I’ve coached hundreds of people from around the globe. I help my clients to gently move past the blocks of procrastination, perfectionism, fear, overwhelm and their inner critic voices so they can build their confidence, explore their options and enrich their lives with the creative endeavors they crave.
I’ve also created and facilitated numerous private and public presentations, classes and workshops for groups such as ~
* Local businesses, meet-ups and private groups
* Art centers such as Pigment School of the Arts and the Creative Arts Center of Dallas
* National conventions such as Art Un-raveled, Adorn Me and Art & Soul
* Charities such as Congo Restoration and Ten for 10 Water for Africa
* Businesses such as Michaels and Deloitte
I also host Creative Oasis Coloring and Wine parties at Times Ten Cellars in Lakewood as well as in private homes and businesses and lead Creative Oasis Day Trippers Outings which are fun creative field trips in and around DFW.
I’m super excited about my latest offering, Creative Oasis Retreats! I host small groups of women for a relaxing day of creative exploration, camaraderie and play. I serve breakfast, lunch, and a variety of fun creative experiences throughout the day. The response has been amazing! It’s a wonderful way for women to step away from their never-ending to-do lists and take time out to nurture their creative spirit.
Currently, I’m offering two public retreats per month. People can also schedule private retreats for their own groups. These are a fun, unique way to celebrate birthdays, host book clubs and showers, enjoy girlfriend get-togethers, entertain out-of-town guests and even facilitate off-site team building and employee appreciation events!
I invite anyone who’s curious to learn more about Creative Oasis to visit my website and request a complimentary copy of my Permission to Be Creative 101 Guide. This is a great place to start and you’ll also receive my Mid-Week Oasis Moments newsletter for weekly inspiration and motivation plus details about my upcoming events.
Is there a characteristic or quality that you feel is essential to success?
I think the fact that I do my best to practice what I preach and live by example every day shows the people that I work with how much I believe in the power of the coaching philosophy I share with them.
One of my favorite quotes is by Albert Einstein “There are only two ways to live your life: as though nothing is miracle, or as though everything is a miracle.”
My personal twist on that is, “There’s only one way to live your life: as though every experience is a chance for creative joy and expression!”
I believe you have the opportunity to infuse your life with creative joy in so many ways! Sure ~ it could be through making art or making music or writing a book ~ but you can also experience creative fulfillment in the way you dress or decorate your home or cook a meal or entertain friends or travel!
I try to model that for my Creative Oasis community and help remind them that living a creative life is a choice they can make every day to add more joy to their existence on so many levels!
- Creative Oasis Retreats ~ $197 (includes breakfast, lunch, creative materials and instruction)
- 12-week 1-1 Coaching Packages ~ $797 (includes 9 phone session with detailed email follow-ups, 4 Creative Oasis Dates, and a 3-month membership to my Creative Oasis Collective)
- Creative Oasis Collective (private coaching group) ~ $27 per month (includes one monthly coaching call, two monthly Creative Oasis Dates, private Facebook group and more)
- Creative Oasis Day Trippers Outings (creative field trips in DFW area) ~ $25 plus entry fees when applicable
- Website: www.CreativeOasisCoaching.com
- Email: email@example.com
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/creativeoasiscoach/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/creativeoasiscoaching
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/CreativeOasis
Vonda Klimaszewski ~ One Last Marble Studio