Today we’d like to introduce you to Lucy Dang and Brandon Lyon.
Lucy and Brandon, let’s start with your story. We’d love to hear how you got started and how the journey has been so far.
I was designing gowns and women’s apparel under my own line with it being carried at several stores nationwide, and Brandon was in fashion photography and advertisement. Our paths crossed, we became friends and fell in love. A couple of years later, we decided to start a business together and the idea of a non-toxic nail salon presented itself.
Naturally, Brandon and I are drawn to creativity and innovation coming from the fashion world. When we decided to venture into the nail business, we wanted to create a business of care and purpose on all levels.
There’s wasn’t a nail salon in the Dallas area that was completely healthy for the environment, for customers and for nail technicians and why hasn’t there been? Why not have an eco-friendly, toxin/chemical- and fume-free salon – where you can get the same treatments and services without sacrificing your health or the environment.
All of our products, from bath bombs, bath scrubs to body butters are made from all-natural ingredients and made in-house. We take pride and care in every detail and envision a prettier pink world.
It’s been an exciting journey for us! Within 6 months of us opening our doors, we’ve gotten a lot of love and support from everyone, including being voted as D Magazine’s Best of Big D’s “Best Mani/Pedi” in Dallas! Then shortly after, we created an exclusive and unique bath bomb for our neighbors, The Belmont Hotel to complement their Romance Package.
By Fall, we’re launching our own collection of bath bombs, scrubs and body butters special to Pink Pedi that will be available online and in our salon. Pink Pedi is more than a salon but a business of care – made with care and purpose.
Overall, has it been relatively smooth? If not, what were some of the struggles along the way?
Surprisingly, our main challenges have been outgrowing our space and growing our team. In the past 6 months, we’ve added more stations and are constantly editing our space to accommodate the growth and not sacrifice the quality.
Pink Pedi – what should we know? What do you guys do best? What sets you apart from the competition?
Pink Pedi is a wonderful spa haven and a business of care – care for our environment, our health and ourselves. We are the first and only eco-friendly, toxin- and fume-free salon in the Dallas area. We’re very proud that every attention to detail is done with love and purpose. When you walk into Pink Pedi, it’s a bespoke experience of selecting our all-natural bath bombs, bath scrubs or body butters. It smells and feels amazing for our Pink Pedi fans and nail technicians.
What is “success” or “successful” for you?
If we’re able to successfully fulfill a need that our community was missing. Fortunately, the markers were in the demand and we saw that before opening so we knew we’re on the right track.
- The Essential: Aromatherapy soak, anti-aging collagen gloves, shape, buff nails, cuticle for, pressure-point massage, polish of your choice. 30 mins / $28
- Essentially Gelled: gel service for manicure, aromatherapy soak, anti-aging collagen gloves, shape, buff nails, cuticle work, gel polish of your choice, pressure-point massage. 45 mins. / $48
- Take a Dip: dipping powder enhancements, hardness of acrylics, perfect-polish look of gels, fume & UV light free. 60 mins. / $48
- Pretty with Pink: detoxing bath bomb, shape, buff nails, cuticle work, heel smoothing, sugar scrub treatment, pressure-point massage, polish of your choice. 35 mins. / $38
- Heel my Sole: detoxing bath bomb, softening callus gel, anti-aging collagen booties, shape, buff nails, cuticle work, heel smoothing, sugar scrub treatment, pressure point massage, polish of your choice. 45 mins. / $48
- Toe-Tally Pampered: detoxing bath bomb, softening callus gel, anti-aging collagen booties, shape, buff nails, cuticle work, heel smoothing, sugar scrub treatment, tea-infused, feet facial mud mask, 20 mins. pressure-point massage, polish of your choice. 60 mins. $68
- The VIP: Very Important Pedicure 15 mins. neck & shoulder massage with aches away essential oil blend, large detoxing bath bomb, softening callus gel, anti-aging collagen booties, shape, buff nails, cuticle work, heel smoothing, sugar scrub treatment, tea-infused, feet facial mud mask, 30 mins. pressure point massage, polish of your choice. 90 mins. $98
- Address: 1888 Sylvan Avenue, Suite F140, Dallas, TX 75208
- Website: www.pinkpedisalon.com
- Phone: 214-760-9744
- Email: email@example.com
- Instagram: @pinkpedisalon
- Facebook: @pinkpedisalon