Today we’d like to introduce you to Marcellus Suber.
Marcellus, let’s start with your story. We’d love to hear how you got started and how the journey has been so far.
Visual arts are my love. I’ve been drawing since I was four, learning how to draw characters from cartoons and comics. Ever since seeing Raiders of the Lost Ark at the theaters (shout-out to 1981), I’ve wanted to be a filmmaker. I bought my first camcorder in 2008, got involved with some friends on shorts and music videos, and have continued to this day. I developed a love of photography from my Uncle Larry. In 2011, I bought my first DSLR and have used it for photos and video ever since.
Overall, has it been relatively smooth? If not, what were some of the struggles along the way?
For me, the biggest challenges are turning potential clientele into actual clients, figuring out what my niche/market is (if I actually have one) … I know there are more, but right now I’m drawing a blank.
Please tell us about Timewarped Studios.
Timewarped Studios specializes in photography, graphic design and video production. I think I’m most known for my portrait photography, logos and now cartoon work.
As far as what makes me most proud, it’s a few things. Being able to be creative, that feeling when your projects completed and it’s the way you envisioned it. When your client is not just satisfied, but completely happy with what you’ve done for them. That’s what I’m most proud of.
If you had to go back in time and start over, would you have done anything differently?
To be honest, I don’t think Young Me would have taken Old Me very seriously. I would have told my younger self to save your money, don’t be afraid to push yourself, to never stop creating and study what goes on in the industries you want to get into.
No matter how many times you got to start over, you’re going to make mistakes, and that’s fine. If you’re learning from them, it’s a win.
- Photography (Portraits, headshots, and more) – $100-300
- Graphics (Logos, posters, flyers, album covers) – Starts at $50
- Video (Music videos, commercials, promo) – I’ll work with you on your budget
- Website: https://TimewarpedStudios.com
- Phone: 682-233-1575/682-667-2588
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/thetwstudios
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thetwstudios
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/thetwstudios
- Yelp: https://www.yelp.com/biz/timewarped-studios-fort-worth
Pikahsso (Personal Photo)
Artwork: Marcellus Suber/Timewarped Studios